Lalbagh Shahi Mosque is located within a few yards of the southern gate of the lalbagh fort at Dhaka. This is the largest Mughal mosque in Bangladesh.
Built by Prince farrukh siyar between 1703 and 1706, while he was at Dhaka as a representative of his viceroy father Prince azim-us-shan. Due to a series of later repair and extension works the mosque now gives a modern look. The earliest known repair works to the mosque were done around 1870 at the instance of khwaja abdul ghani.